Large businesses do a huge amount of economic research and projections on communities before they invest. Benderson development is a perfect example. They are one of the largest privately held real estate companies in North America. Benderson is the firm behind the mega mall at the University Town Center and rowing facility at Nathan Benderson Park. They operate in 38 states, and recently moved their headquarters to Sarasota.
Here’s a list of six other local Benderson projects that show the high level of confidence they have in our area:
- Siesta Promenade at the corner of US41 and Stickney Pointe, will be an outdoor lifestyle shopping center along with a four-story 150 room hotel.
- Pelican Plaza across from Westfield Mall in south Sarasota is currently under construction, and will house a Total Wine & More plus a Sport’s Authority.
- Beneva Pointe – the site of the old K Mart at US 41 and Beneva, will be totally revamped to add to the existing Hobby Lobby and Staples store.
- The Shops at Casey Key – the current site of Richard’s Foodporium.
- Sarasota Towne Center – houses Target at Fruitville and Honore, will be revitalized.
- Sweetbay Plaza at Beneva & Fruitville is being prepped for a total redesign.