As recently as the mid 1920’s, Venice was little more than deserted coastline brushed by woods and farm land. A land boom quickly put an end to that as thousands of people arrived, looking for their place in the Florida sun. Wisely, the emerging new community chose John Nolan, an internationally famous city planner, to design a city. They also engaged Prentiss French, a noted landscape architect, to beautify it. People from around the country jumped at the chance to be a part of it.
The results are impressive—even by today’s standards—and apprentice urban planners routinely study the intricate design. Venice is a meticulously planned city, with sweeping tree-lined boulevards leading to beaches, parks, greenways, the Intracoastal Waterway and residential areas. The Island offers a unique opportunity to live on—or very near—the Gulf of Mexico, with easy access to shopping, the Arts Center, hospital, schools, the library and restaurants.
Latest Real Estate for Sale in Venice, Florida
- $189,900 : 1054 W BAFFIN DRIVE, VENICE
- $164,900 : 2900 SIESTA DRIVE, VENICE
- $168,000 : 402 CERROMAR CIRCLE N #204, VENICE
- $174,900 : 461 AIRPORT AVENUE E #107, VENICE
- $192,000 : 1040 WEXFORD BOULEVARD #1040, VENICE
- $274,900 : 806 HARRINGTON LAKE DRIVE N #87, VENICE
- $299,797 : 732 CONSTANCE ROAD, VENICE
- $319,000 : 1889 SAN TROVASO WAY, VENICE
- $329,900 : 12648 SAGEWOOD DRIVE, VENICE3 beds, 2 baths
- $330,000 : 1004 INDIAN HILLS COURT, VENICE
- $359,900 : 13800 RINUCCIO STREET, VENICE
- $386,000 : 719 SILK OAK DRIVE, VENICE
- $164,000 : 140 MANESS ROAD, VENICE2 beds, 1 bath
- $179,900 : 1093 N CYPRESS POINT DRIVE, VENICE
- $228,900 : 672 AZURE ROAD, VENICE
- $247,000 : 1801 BATELLO DRIVE, VENICE
- $269,500 : 600 SAN LINO CIRCLE #611, VENICE
- $299,900 : 724 SILK OAK DRIVE, VENICE
- $409,900 : 631 ALHAMBRA ROAD #401, VENICE
- $679,000 : 801 LAGUNA DRIVE, VENICE2 beds, 2 baths
See all Venice FL.
(all data current as of 11/17/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.